Much has been said about what the legacy of Barry “Almighty” will be. What’s often been mentioned is the deterioration of the Democrat Party across all levels of government that has taken place on his watch. Whether we’re talking about the number of governorships, state legislatures, U.S. House and Senate seats, or now the White House, the substantial losses suffered by the Democrat Party that has taken place over the last eight years can be laid directly at the doorstep of Barry “Almighty.” But to hear Barry tell it, he’s played no role in any of it, he has even gone so far as to describe himself as being a victim. A victim, really?
Because instead of accepting any level of responsibility for what has transpired, Barry chooses to blame conservative media, especially Fox News and talk radio host Rush Limbaugh for his ‘loss of stature’, in the eyes of the public over his eight years in office. In a series of interviews with The Atlantic ahead of a long-form feature published in the January/February magazine issue titled, “My President is Black,” Barry discussed race, the media, and what it took to win the presidency. Barry, in the first interview, talked a lot about how Americans viewed him from 2008 compared to now, and how he thinks Fox News and Limbaugh played a role in that.
Barry said, “In 2008, I was never subjected to the kind of concentrated vilification of Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, the whole conservative-media ecosystem, and so as a consequence, even for my first two years as a senator, I was polling at 70 percent. And it was because people basically saw me unfiltered.” He added, “I was at a town-hall meeting, or I was talking to people directly, or they had met me, or I would speak at a university or go to a VFW hall. But they weren’t seeing some image of me as trying to take away their stuff and give it to black people, and coddle criminals, and all the stereotypes of not just African-American politicians but liberal politicians.”
Barry went on to say, “You started to see that kind of prism being established towards the end of the 2008 race, particularly once Sarah Palin was the nominee. And obviously almost immediately after I was elected, it was deployed in full force. And it had an impact in terms of how a large portion of white voters would see me.” Yup, when it comes to Barry “Almighty” nothing is ever his fault, it’s all because white America is nothing more than a bunch of racists eager to see the nation’s first black president fail. Speaking for myself, I had some pretty high hopes for Barry. But it was in fairly short order that I came to realize I was seriously mistaken.
At its core, the revolution of 2016, if you wish to call it that, was little more than an attempt at restoration, at fixing a ‘broken’ system. But who, or what, broke it? Both parties acquiesced in bank liberalization, open-borders immigration, and Wall Street bailouts. But the most acute challenge was Barry’s direct assault on the constitutional framework itself. Barry came into office seeking to “fundamentally transform” America, and believed that the ends would justify the means. And since Republicans, paralyzed by the fear of being called racist and essentially cowed by those in the media, put up little fight, the voters took matters into their own hands.
Here are ten of the most serious ways that Barry “Almighty” essentially broke the system.
- The stimulus. On the campaign trail, Barry promised a $50 Billion stimulus and criticized George W. Bush for building up the national debt. In office, Barry passed a nearly $1 Trillion stimulus, over Republican objections, that failed to keep unemployment from below 8% (as promised), and went largely to pet projects and state and local governments. This reckless and obviously wasteful spending shocked voters who feared that the country was now on an irreversible path to fiscal ruin. The Tea Party was born.
- Fast and Furious. Barry’s team smuggled guns across the Mexican border, ostensibly to trace them to drug cartels. Unlike the Bush administration’s Wide Receiver, Barry’s Operation Fast and Furious happened without the Mexican government’s knowledge. The likely goal was to create a pretext for reducing gun ownership in the U.S. It led to the murders of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry and hundreds of Mexicans. Afterwards, Barry used “executive privilege” to cover it up.
- Betraying allies. Barry picked public fights with Israel in a deliberate effort to establish “distance” between the allies. He also broke agreements with the Czechs and the Poles on missile defense, infamously informing the Polish prime minister on the 70th anniversary of the Katyn Massacre. He snubbed the British in ways small (returning a Churchill bust) and big (using the Argentinian term “Malvinas” for the Falklands). And he spied on foreign allies, including Germany’s Angela Merkel.
- Obamacare. The sweeping plan for “universal” health insurance sought, fundamentally, to make individuals dependent on the state, the better to open the door to even more sweeping changes. But it was the process of passing the bill that caused the real damage. To pass Obamacare, Barry allies in Congress bent and/or broke every procedural rule imaginable. They lied, repeatedly, about the policy; disguised a tax as a fee; and bullied the Supreme Court into compliance. It was the first major entitlement passed without bipartisan support.
- Debt ceiling. Few of the Republicans who rode the Tea Party wave in 2010 made an issue out of the debt ceiling. But Barry believed that a confrontation would help it regain full control of Congress. So it picked a fight over the debt, and forced a confrontation in the summer of 2011 that brought the country to the brink of default. Barry scuttled a “grand bargain” with Republicans by demanding higher taxes. The result: a hated budget “sequester” and a credit downgrade.
- Benghazi. Presidents had lied to the country before about national security incidents: the Iran-Contra scandal, for example, left a stain on Ronald Reagan’s legacy. But no previous American president had abandoned Americans to die abroad without putting up a fight or making a serious effort to punish the perpetrators. In fact, in the heat of battle, Barry turned in early and flew to a political fundraiser in Las Vegas the next day. It was an unprecedented abdication of his commander-in-chief role.
- IRS scandal. Encouraged by Barry’s attacks on “dark money” and conservative political donors, the Internal Revenue Service began singling out conservative non-profit organizations for excessive scrutiny, denying them the ability to operate during the crucial 2012 elections, and trying to pry loose private information on their donors, their meetings, and even the content of their prayers. To this day, no one on Barry’s team has been punished for that horrific abuse of power.
- AP scandal. Despite the media’s ongoing love affair with Barry, the administration targeted journalists for harassment, surveillance and prosecution. In one case, the Department of Justice seized phone records from the Associated Press; in another, the DOJ searched the emails of Fox News reporter James Rosen and his family. Congress later found Attorney General Eric Holder misled it when he told them in May 2013 he had not been involved in potential prosecution of the media.
- Iran deal. After resisting sanctions on Iran, and holding off on any real action against the Iranian regime when it faced mass protests in 2009, Barry made a deal with Iran in 2015 that removed most sanctions in exchange for a mere temporary slowdown in the Iranian nuclear program. Worse, he refused to submit it to the Senate for ratification in accordance with the Constitution’s Treaty Clause, and Democrats blocked a weaker effort to submit the deal to an overall congressional vote.
- Executive action on immigration. Barry abused prosecutorial discretion in 2012 in announcing “Deferred Action for Children of Americans” (DACA) in 2012, even after Congress declined to pass legislation on “Dreamers.” But the real offense came after the 2014 elections, when Barry defied the electorate and announced an “executive amnesty” — “Deferred Action for Parents of Americans” (DAPA) — that he himself said dozens of times was unconstitutional (he lost in the courts).
Likely only three surviving items will be left over from Barry: the national debt, gay marriage, and increased racial tensions. Trump has promised to reverse Barry’s immigration madness. Trump will also be left to clean up Barry’s Middle East mess. Trump has also promised to repeal ObamaCare and to reverse Barry’s onerous regulations. So accuse me of being racist if it makes you feel better, but whatever hope I may have had that Barry would fail, had nothing to do with the fact that was black. It had everything to do with the fact he’s a socialist. Barry professes to be an expert on our ‘Constitution’, his behavior as president says something quite different.
Over course of the last eight years I think it has become very clear that our current president hates white folks. He’s done nothing to help America. Everything he’s done as president was done with one thing in mind, to systematically destroy America. He keeps saying people were against him because he’s a black man. That is not true at all. People were against him because of his leftist policies. Although I didn’t vote for him, I, along with millions of others, thought he was just the man who would be able to address the problems of the black communities. Whites saw that 50 years of the War of Poverty was nothing more than a miserable, and very costly, failure.
After all, who better than a black President to undo the many harms that the left has done to those people living in the inner cities? But any hope that he would actually attempt such an undertaking, were quickly dashed. So whether Barry chooses to admit it or not, people, and not just whites, didn’t turn against him because he’s black, they turned against him when he failed to address the problems, and worse, he exacerbated them by siding with the more radical elements of our society because doing so benefited his political party. He put his political ideology above all else, and now has the nerve to whine about the only ones brave enough to point that out.
ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Post, Salon, Politico, and every other faction of the left wing state-controlled media complex, along with thousands of left wing newscasters and commentators PLUS the elite of Hollywood had daily parties celebrating their disdain for George W. Bush for the entire eight years he was in office. Yet Barry “Almighty” is somehow views himself as being able make the claim that he was overly picked on by Fox News and one single individual? How pathetic. How juvenile. Barry has but one person to blame for what he calls his “loss of stature.” And that would, of course, be, himself!