hy·poc·ri·sy: the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one’s own behavior does not conform; pretense.
So, I’m sure that most have now heard how it was that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) came out earlier this week, on Thursday, and issued what was an 8 page report that apparently outlined how it was that the Trump administration broke the law when it withheld Congress-approved aid for the Ukrainian military last year. It was according to this report that the White House budget office violated the federal Impoundment Control Act when it withheld $214 million in aid to Kiev, the very issue that’s the focus of the Senate’s impeachment trial against President Trump.
And as you can well imagine it was Democrats and ‘fake news’ provocateurs everywhere who were beside themselves on Thursday when the GAO released what was described as being a legal opinion regarding how the White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) had violated the ‘Impoundment Control Act’ by withholding congressionally appropriated aid to Ukraine last summer. The non-binding opinion was disputed by the OMB, which released a memo last month arguing that the “programmatic” delay sought to fulfill, not oppose, congressional intent.
The GAO decision, which had been requested by Democrat Senator Chris van Hollen of Maryland, disagreed, concluding that the delay had been for “policy reasons,” not “programmatic delay.” And of course it was a very sorrowful Nancy Pelosi who was quick to cite the decision in her morning press conference, though she had a bit of trouble, for whatever reason, when trying to pronounce the word “impoundment.” And, of course, it was Chuckie Schumer who likewise rushed to the nearest microphone to trumpet the GAO decision as a vindication of the House impeachment.
Though the GAO works for Congress, it is not the finder of fact in impeachment cases and it’s not even clear if the Impoundment Control Act is constitutional. But with Democrats now desperately in search of a crime that will justify impeaching the president, anything will do. But if a mere GAO finding is sufficient to justify impeachment, then, if we’re to follow the same liberal logic, then ex-president Barry ‘O’ should have been impeached at least seven times over for each of the following cases in which the GAO found that Barry & Co. had violated federal law.
- The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and United States Secret Service (USSS) were found to have violated section 503 of the Consolidated Security, Disaster Assistance, and Continuing Appropriations Act, and the Antideficiency Act, in 2009 after the Secret Service reported that it had overspent on candidate protection in 2008 by $5,100,000, and used money from another program to cover the shortfall. DHS failed to notify Congress 15 days in advance of the “reprogramming.”
- The Department of the Treasury was found to have violated the Antideficiency Act in 2014 when it used the voluntary services of four individuals. “Treasury did not appoint any of the individuals to federal employment, nor did any individual qualify as a student who may, under certain circumstances, perform voluntary service,” the GAO found, adding that there was no emergency that might have justified using the individuals to perform several months of work without receiving pay.
- The Department of Defense was found to have violated the Department of Defense Appropriations Act of 2014 and the Antideficiency Act in the infamous Bowe Bergdahl swap, when President Barack Obama traded five high-level Taliban detainees for a U.S. Army deserter. The administration transferred the five Taliban from Guantanamo Bay without notifying relevant congressional committees 30 days in advance, as required by law. Republicans complained; Democrats were silent.
- The Department of Housing and Urban Development was found to have violated the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act, the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, and the Antideficiency Act in 2014 when the deputy secretary of the department sent an email to “friends and colleagues” asking them to lobby the Senate in favor of a bill appropriating money to the department, and against amendments offered by Republican Senators.
- The Environmental Protection Agency was found to have violated “publicity or propaganda and anti-lobbying provisions” in the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act and the Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act in 2015 by using some of the department’s social media accounts in rule-making for the “Waters of the United States” (WOTUS) regulations (which have since been repealed under the Trump administration).
- Two officials in the Department of Housing and Urban Development were found in 2016 to have violated Section 713 of the Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act by attempting to prevent a regional director within the agency from being interviewed by the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. (Notably, the GAO reversed its earlier decision that the department’s general counsel had not violated the law once it was presented with more evidence.)
- The Federal Maritime Commission was found to have violated Section 711 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, as well as the Antideficiency Act, in 2016 when it failed to notify the relevant Senate and House committees that it had spent more than $5,000 to furnish and redecorate the office of its former director in 2010. (The total amount spent was $12,084 over three years, as noted by the GAO in a footnote reference to an inspector general’s report on the excessive expenditures.)
Needless to say, Barry ‘O’ was not impeached, and, frankly, never even came close. But hey, we’ve all become rather accustomed to how the rules are never applied in quite the same manner when we’re speaking of Democrats. The only ones expected to play by any sort of rules are the Republicans, and what we’re seeing now is what happens when a Republican president has the audacity to play the game in the much the same manner as the Democrats play it. And the net result is, of course, they don’t like it, hence the rationale for attempting to remove Donald Trump from office.
Democrats continue to do all they can to pin their crimes on President Trump. This is just the latest limp-wristed attempt to do so, and again we’re hearing how it’s THIS time that they finally have him right where they want him. The Democrats keep swinging, and because the president has committed no crime, they keep missing because they simply can’t make something out of nothing. But, be that as it may, the House’s ‘shampeachment’ has now finally limped its way into the Senate with the claim of ‘Orange man bad’ forming the entire basis of what is nothing but a charade.
As a bit of a side note here on this guy, van Hollen, he’s just another bottom feeder. Another on a long list of Democrats who are little more than left wing political hacks and frauds who have virtually no business being in positions of power, because they have no interest, even remotely, in trying to make our country better for anyone but themselves. He’s one of those who continues to put party over country and seems interested only in destroying our country by any means necessary. It’s politicians like van Hollen who need to be removed from office, and at our earliest opportunity.
Any truly informed American who votes for a Democrat in 2020 is voting FOR nothing less than the destruction of our way of life. For all of those who think their life is so terrible they haven’t seen anything like what these radical Democrats, like van Hollen, will bring about if they ever get in the majority. And don’t fool yourself into thinking that ‘moderate’ Democrats are anything but extinct. These left-wingers have seized control of the Democrat Party and that’s unfortunate, and don’t believe Democrat claims about protecting the little guy, because they only work to protect themselves.
And why is it that ANY country would EVER continue to provide financial aid to another country that was actively engaged in corrupt behavior with respect to the financial aid they were receiving? Why would ANY country continue to provide aid to another country whose ‘elected’ leaders were likely syphoning much of that aid money off and putting it in their own pockets? If the country providing the financial aid suspected this was happening, it only makes sense to HOLD OFF providing any additional aid until it can be determined exactly where the money was going.
I think it worth pointing out that the ‘fakes news’ media of today long ago abandoned what was once considered to be their role as governmental watch dog to become, instead, the propaganda arm of the Democrat Party. Today Democrat activists pose as ‘journalists’ who, instead of reporting the ‘news,’ simply regurgitate lies fed to them by left wing operatives hidden away deep inside the FBI, the CIA, the DOJ, the State Department and God know where else. Everything Democrats touch they corrupt. Democrats also control our public schools that are indoctrinating our kids.
Today our children are ‘taught’ that Socialism and Communism is what we need to aspire to here in America, and that freedom really isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be, and everything about capitalism makes so very clear how it is wrong and unfair. And how, apparently, there is nothing wrong with government theft, in the form of high taxes, from hardworking Americans in order to provide to illegals, drug addicts and yes criminals all manner of ‘free’ stuff. Instead of fostering a strong work ethic, patriotism, religion and honesty, ‘teachers’ essentially preach hatred of America.
So is it any wonder, really, that between the propaganda disguised as ‘news’ that Americans are essentially force-fed every day and the fact that our children spend the first 18 years of life, and another 4 years if they go to college, being brainwashed, is it any wonder that we have left wing kooks being elected to positions of power. Left wing kooks who insist that because our current president seeks only to “Make America Great Again” that makes him worthy of being impeached. The American people need to get a grip, and need to work toward getting rid of those who hate America!