What follows here is a ‘Top 10 List’ of reasons why George Soros is, in fact, a very dangerous man and is someone who means to do our country as much harm as he possibly can:
- Gives billions to left-wing causes: Soros started the Open Society Institute in 1993 as a way to spread his wealth to progressive causes. Using Open Society as a conduit, Soros has given more than $7 billion to a who’s who of left-wing groups. This partial list of recipients of Soros’ money says it all: ACORN, Apollo Alliance, National Council of La Raza, Tides Foundation, Huffington Post, Southern Poverty Law Center, Soujourners, People for the American Way, Planned Parenthood, and the National Organization for Women.
- Influence on U.S. elections: Soros once said that removing President George W. Bush from office in 2004 was the “central focus of my life.” He put his money where his mouth is, giving $23.58 million to various 527 groups dedicated to defeating Bush. He got little return on his investment. His early financial support helped jump-start Barry “Almighty’s” political career. Soros hosted a 2004 fund-raiser for Barry when he was running for the Illinois Senate and gave the maximum-allowed contribution within hours of Barry’s announcement that he was running for president.
- Wants to curtail American sovereignty: Soros would like nothing better than for America to become subservient to international bodies. He wants more power for groups such as the World Bank and International Monetary Fund, even while saying the U.S. role in the IMF should be “downsized.” In 1998, he wrote: “Insofar as there are collective interests that transcend state boundaries, the sovereignty of states must be subordinated to international law and international institutions.”
- Media Matters: Soros is a financial backer of Media Matters for America, a progressive media watchdog group that hyperventilates over any conservative view that makes it into the mainstream media. Its founder, David Brock, has openly declared war on Fox News, and has let it be known that the group continues its “guerrilla warfare and sabotage” against the cable news channel, and works to disrupt the commercial interests of owner Rupert Murdoch—an odd mission for a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that is barred from participating in partisan political activity.
- MoveOn.org: Soros has been a major funder of MoveOn.org, another progressive advocacy group and political action committee that raises millions for liberal candidates. This is the group that had on its website an ad comparing President George W. Bush to Adolf Hitler and ran the infamous “General Betray Us” ad in the New York Times, disparaging the integrity of Gen. David Petraeus.
- Center for American Progress: once headed by John Podesta, White House chief of staff under ‘Slick Willie Clinton, and now headed by someone named Neera Tanden. Ms. Tanden’s primary claim to fame is that she once worked on Michael Dukakis’ presidential campaign. The Center for American Progress has been instrumental in providing progressive talking points and policy positions for Barry Almighty”. There has also been a revolving door between the White House and the Soros-funded think tank, with Barry staffing his administration with many CAP officials.
- Environmental extremism: Former Barry “Almighty” green jobs czar Van Jones and his leftist environmental ideas have been funded by Soros’ money at these groups: the Ella Baker Center, Green For All, the Center for American Progress, and the Apollo Alliance, which was instrumental in getting $110 billion in green initiatives included in Barry’s stimulus package. Soros also funds the Climate Policy Initiative to address global warming and gave Friends of the Earth money to “integrate a climate equity perspective in the presidential transition.”
- America Coming Together: Soros gave nearly $20 million to this 527 group with the express purpose of defeating President George W. Bush. A massive get-out-the-vote effort, ACT’s door-to-door canvassing teams included numerous felons, its voter registration drives were riddled with fraud, and it handed out incendiary fliers and made misleading taped phone calls to voters. ACT was fined $775,000 by the Federal Election Commission for violations of various federal campaign finance laws.
- Currency manipulation: A large part of Soros’ multibillion-dollar fortune has come from manipulating currencies. During the 1997 Asian financial crisis, Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir bin Mohamad accused him of bringing down the nation’s currency through his trading activities, and in Thailand he was called an “economic war criminal.” Known as “The Man who Broke the Bank of England,” Soros initiated a British financial crisis by dumping 10 billion sterling, forcing the devaluation of the currency and gaining a billion-dollar profit.
- Delusions: Soros has repeatedly said that he sees himself as a messianic figure. Who but a megalomaniac would make these comments? “I admit that I have always harbored an exaggerated view of my self-importance—to put it bluntly, I fancied myself as some kind of god” or “I carried some rather potent messianic fantasies with me from childhood, which I felt I had to control, otherwise I might end up in the loony bin.” If only the loony bin were an option. As it is, one of the wealthiest men in the world is using his billions to impose a radical agenda on America.
So you see, this is what we Freedom Loving Americans are now up against. So while those on the left work very hard to paint men like the ‘Koch Brothers’ as being the true villains, we have far more to fear from sinister men like Soros. But having said that, I am not speaking as any kind of an advocate for the Kochs, instead what I would like to see happen is for far more of the American people to start thinking for themselves and to finally come to the realization that men like Soros have made it so our country is now hanging by a thread. And that it is going to take us ALL working together to thwart these men. Because he is far from being alone in this leftist quest to destroy our country.